Chocolate Dessert Waffles
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt (1/16 teaspoon)
- 2/3 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a small mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream shortening and sugar until well blended. Add egg and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Spray waffle grids with cooking spray. Pour batter onto waffle baker. Bake until waffles are browned and crisp.
- Remove and serve topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and raspberries, if desired.
Yield: 2 cups batter
If you are experiencing any difficulty viewing our website, please call 844.257.7136, Monday through Friday, 8 am through 4:30 pm Eastern. A customer service representative will assist you.