Red & Green Rice Casserole
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Place green bell pepper, onion, and garlic in blender jar. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- In a large skillet or saucepan over medium high heat, saute the chopped pepper, onion, and garlic in the oil about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and juice. Simmer about 5 minutes, while breaking up whole tomatoes.
- Stir in the rice, then pour into a 1&1/2 quart baking dish and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Course: Side Dishes
Yield: 6 Servings
If you are experiencing any difficulty viewing our website, please call 844.257.7136, Monday through Friday, 8 am through 4:30 pm Eastern. A customer service representative will assist you.