Sausage And Kidney Bean Stew
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage.
- Remove and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Put all ingredients into crock.
- Cover and cook on preferred setting: Low - 8 to 10 hours, Auto Shift - 6 to 7 hours, High - 4 to 5 hours
Depending on preference, use either mild or hot Italian sausage. For easier slicing, use a serrated knife to slice the sausage after cooking.
When bell peppers are at their peak, choose from a variety of vibrant colors - red, orange, yellow and green.
Yield: 6-8 Servings
If you are experiencing any difficulty viewing our website, please call 844.257.7136, Monday through Friday, 8 am through 4:30 pm Eastern. A customer service representative will assist you.